Monday, April 25, 2011
Choosing Cool Tattoo Ideas
Choosing an image for a tattoo is more challenging than deciding whether or not you should even get a tattoo. That's because a tattoo is an image that you will be living with for a very long time. It is important that you like your tattoo and that it has some sort of meaning for you. While it takes some people a couple days to choose a tattoo idea, it takes others a couple months.
To choose a cool tattoo idea, start considering what you want to express through the tattoo. This way, you can narrow down your search and find the perfect image. Other things to consider are the location of the tattoo, your gender and resources for inspiration.
There is something unique about everyone that can be turned into an image. The following are some cool tattoo ideas:
* If you enjoy the outdoors, you can choose an abstract or very interesting image of a tree or flower.
* If you are an artist, you can choose an image of the important tools an artist uses. Better yet, you can tattoo one of your favorite art pieces on your body.
* Many people have certain artists, poets or famous individuals they look to for inspiration. You can tattoo an artwork of another artist or a quote from an author.
* Another popular tattoo idea that can be highly creative is graffiti.
* Tribal or Celtic tattoos are cool ideas that can be turned into creative pieces of art. Tribal tattoos can be Chinese, Indian, Native American, Latin American, African in origin.
* Looking into the history of art can give some creative tattoo ideas that are also cultural.
* Abstract patterns are always unique tattoo ideas for the body.
* Quotes written in other languages are not only beautiful but also appealing.
* Combine two different tattoos to create one image.
Design Your Own Tattoo
Anyone can go to a tattoo parlor and look at galleries of tattoo images for ideas. These images have probably been tattooed on someone else and are not as original. You can look at other tattoos for inspiration, but the artwork really shines when it is your own.
It has become highly popular for people to create their own designs for tattoos. This adds a personal touch and makes the tattoo more meaningful. To create your own design, it is helpful to think of a theme that reflects your personality or your life. Then, you can come up with images that express these ideas.
Tattoos are works of art created on the body, which is a type of canvas. Somewhere inside your mind or in the real world, there is inspiration and creativity for a cool tattoo idea that you can display on your body. Take the time to choose a tattoo that you like and look at many sources for ideas.